Our reduced-fee spots are intended to acknowledge that even the low ends of some sliding scales are not accessible for many people. Therefore, therapists in the network offer a limited number of reduced-fee spots available at a maximum of $40/session.
Each client should consider the following guidelines when deciding if a reduced-fee spot is needed.
First and foremost you should consider yourself for the reduced-fee spot if you cannot afford the sliding scale spots that are offered. This could be because:
- Your household income is under $30,000 a year, you do not have financial stability, you are repaying debt, and/or
- You are responsible for the financial support of friends or family, and/or
- You do not have insurance, and/or
- You do not have access to family, generational or other kinds of wealth, and/or
- You face precarity or obstacles that negatively impact your ability to reliably access resources such as housing, jobs, healthcare, transportation, and other necessities of life.
If you think a reduced-fee spot would allow you to access to therapy, please contact therapists individually, here and indicate that this is the spot you are looking for! Therapists will indicate if they have reduced-fee spots available and if they carry a waitlist on their individual profiles.