* I am a Clinical Mental Health Counselor (Conseillère d’orientation) and I am a member of l’Ordre des conseillers et conseillères d’orientation du Québec (OCCOQ). I do not hold the psychotherapy permit issued by l’Ordre des psychologues du Québec (OPQ). I give receipts at every session but my sessions are not typically covered by insurance companies.
* I work with adult individuals.
* I work with a sliding scale of $50-$110 per session based on income.
* I have an eclectic counseling approach but I mainly use LGBTQ+ affirmative and psychodynamic approaches as well as mindfulness. What this means is that I look at the individual as a whole but also as a member of society, who is impacted at many levels that we can work to uncover together. We look at the patterns you have gotten into that you feel are no longer working for you, try to find their root causes and then work to replace them with more effective ways of functioning.
* I am entirely nonjudgmental and have worked with many clients with diverse issues, including questions of gender identity, sexual orientation, social justice and many others. I am comfortable working with people from any community, including those from the kink and poly worlds.
* I am comfortable with and able to write the letters of support required for transitioning.
* I am not currently accepting clients.
* I am easiest to reach by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. I typically respond within 24 hours but it sometimes does take me up to a week.